HC113: Preparing Housing Counselors for the
HUD Certification Exam
This course is designed to provide housing counseling practitioners with tools and strategies in preparation for sitting for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certification exam.
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act requires counselors at HUD-approved housing counseling organizations to be certified by HUD as competent to provide comprehensive counseling services. As a result, HUD will administer a standardized examination testing counselors’ competencies in six core topics of housing counseling.
This training has been updated to reflect the recent modifications republished in May 2017.
The core topics that will be discussed during this training are:
1. Financial Management/Budget
2. Housing Affordability/ Renting VS. Buying
3. Fair Housing/ History and Overview
4. Homeownership/ Pre-Purchase
5. Avoiding Foreclosure/ Retention Options
6. Tenancy/Obtaining and Maintaining Tenancy
Attendees will receive a consolidated version of the newly released (May 2017) HUD Study Modules at no additional charge !!!!!