Navigating Eviction - Part I: Designing an Effective Rental Assistance Program - Recorded
Through partnerships, some nonprofits are increasing their capacity and assisting their communities by facilitating rental assistance programs funded and administered through a range of sources including CDBG, SHIP, CDBG-CV and other funds. In this webinar, we will discuss how nonprofit leaders might be able to tap into these resources to assist their service area.
You Will Learn:
- Understand state and local eviction mandates, the legislative process, and modifications of state of emergency moratoriums and declarations.
- Learn about available funding resources for rental assistance programs created through administrative actions by cities and states, and how agencies can pursue these opportunities.
- Learn how Housing Counseling Agencies can respond to the current crisis by combining rental assistance and existing rental counseling to mitigate stress on households facing income reductions and also increase agency’s community investment.
- Effective strategies on structuring rental assistance programs to prevent increases in homelessness and evictions in your community.
- Determine agency capacity, financial structure, policies and procedures and other necessary tools for successful program implementation.
- Explore program development and effective strategies including - Rental assistance provided to tenants (who use it to pay the rent) or direct payment to landlords.