WB404: Healthy Communities - Partnering with Hospitals to Invest in Community Development - Recorded
There is a growing consensus that one’s zip code is the most significant determinant of health throughout the life course. The combination of substandard housing, environmental toxins, stress, food insecurity, and lack of access to quality health care services can lead to significant risk for the community. Analogous to collaboration with banks and financial institutions, the health system as an anchor institution is one that embraces collaboration with local community-based organizations to impact the social and environment elements of community health. This webinar discusses the role of health anchors, highlights successful collaborative initiatives between hospital systems and community stakeholders and offers steps for community members interested in pursuing a more focused and collaborative relationship leading to impacts around social determinants of health.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the meaning and foundation of a Healthy Community.
- Understand the role of the Affordable Care Act in community investment.
- Compare community benefit agreements to community health needs assessments.
- Understand the opportunity and potential of partnering with health systems and hospitals on addressing social determinants of health.
- Leslie Graham - President & CEO, Primary Care Coalition
- Karen Kali - Program Manager, Special Initiatives, NCRC
- Jennifer Jones - Chief of Membership and Policy, NCRC