Monday-Thursday 8:30am - 4:00pm
This course educates participants about consumer protection laws, regulations and techniques that will help sustain home ownership and hold lenders and servicers accountable for systemic violations of the law. It includes an overview of the historical mortgage marketplace and discuss issues relevant to the current housing market.
- Recognize discrimination or fraud in underwriting and loan documentation, and take appropriate action.
- Understand how to work with loan servicers on behalf of clients.
- Acquire knowledge of new and upcoming legislation that will have an impact on the housing and foreclosure crisis.
- Identify new best practices that will facilitate loan modification, refinances and forbearance agreements.
- Learn about resources available to prevent foreclosure and scams
- Explain the different forms of loss mitigation and their impact on homeowners.