HC125: Advanced Loss Mitigation
In this five-day comprehensive training, housing counselors will learn the broad spectrum of concepts and techniques used in client advocacy and funding. Attendees will learn how to find and apply appropriate laws, rules, regulations and requisite authority to maximize the positive outcome potentials for both retention and non-retention options. Attendees will also learn processes, procedures and best practices for preventing or stopping unnecessary foreclosures. This is an advanced course and is not intended for inexperience, or new, housing counselors.
- Understand how Federal laws (CFPB-RESPA-TILA-HOEPA-ECOA-FDCPA-FCRA-FHA) and how they can slow, prevent and stop most foreclosure actions
- Formulate succinct and clear escalations, when applicable
- Understand applicable terminology
- Effectively navigate MHA programs including: HAMP, Hamp Tier 2, HAFA, 2MP, NPV, Waterfall, Streamline, recasts and resets
- Learn new revenue potentials and billing points.